New Body Style 2500hd Silverado's

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Petr51488, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Has anyone had any experience with the new Silverado's? Or have you heard any news/problems on the newer body styles? In a month or two i plan on ordering a duramax and wanted to know if you guys have heard any news on them. I went to the dealer, but they only had the 1500's out there. They look nice, just checking to see how they run. Any info will help. Thanks Guys..

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

from what ive read, everything about the new silverado's is a bit better. the engines, suspension etc.. i havent heard anything bad about them yet, besides people not liking the body style.

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Good Luck!

4. CutRight

CutRight LawnSite Senior Member

look into the 06' duramax versus the '07 duramax. there is a difference in the specifications due to the new diesel engine requirements. i believe the 06 has more power than the 07. im not exactly sure so ask your dealership to explain it and go with what you feel is the best. i think you can still choose which year of engine you want.

5. Petr51488

from NJ

I looked online and the only diesel option is the 6.6 litre with the 365hp and 660lb ft. of torque. I'm pretty sure thats more than the other. I tried ordering the 07 classic, but they stopped making them. So im kinda stuck with the new ones.

6. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

What about a used with low miles? You won't have to deal with emissions + save $.

7. CutRight

CutRight LawnSite Senior Member

ok yea if thats what it says then that is up from the '06
    i have an '06 duramax and i think its 365 hp and 650 ft/lbs of torque, so the torque went up a bit.

go for it, you'll love the duramax

8. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

You won't find anyone with any problems because they are just starting to hit the lots.

The 2006 and 2007 Classics with the Duramax LBZ had 360hp/650tq vs. the new LMM at 365hp/660tq.

There are still plenty of 2007 Classics and even a few 2006's out there to be had. I would try to find on of those. The new LMM has the particulate filter and even more stringent EGR systems in place.

The pre-2007 emission diesels are gonna hold their value quite well due to all the changes.

9. Petr51488

from NJ

I would rather go with the new model rather than the classic. The price differnce is minimal. Also, there are none in a 250 mile radius of me with the options and the color combo that i want. My main thing is that theres no reason to spend over 20k on a truck that i don't care for. I am also not too worried about value because i plan on keeping this truck till it dies, which should be at least 10 years.

10. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

The price difference is actually quite a bit, I looked at a truck equipped exactly like mine, my current 06 Fully Loaded GMC EXT cab 2500HD w/ D/A has a MSRP of $44k. The same one equipped in the new body style is close or just above $50k.
    Do some research before you settle on a new one, like stated before you can find a classic 07' pretty easily I bet.
    James