1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Boom Pump

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RAlmaroad, Aug 24, 2008.

1. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Has anyone had any experience with a plunger pump? This is Hypro's:

I would like a little more pressure but do like the output and DC feature. I'm looking for a lightweight pump if available. I have a 3.8 DC. The pump is good but not enough output for 5 nozzles with any volumn or pressure.
    What would be nice is that 2-cycle Solo 433 pump with a 25 gal tank.
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

can't see it--link did not work.
  3. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

4. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

how long can you use with killing your battery and whats the cost
  5. ToniDavies

ToniDavies LawnSite Member

Hypro's suggested retail is $896.00 but there are lots of places selling for less that SR. Be sure to install a battery isolator as the amperage is so high you will drain the battery in no time at all.
  6. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

I'll PM you later tonight, but here is a pump that is designed for making your own sprayer. It is gas. I think it is equal to the output from the engine drive backpacks that I use. Cost is less than or equal to an electric pump. Note that it is a complete unit ready to be mounted and plumbed into your existing spray tank. http://www.gemplers.com/product/ME25/DRAMM-Portable-350-psi-Gas-powered-Sprayer