New BR600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tamadrummer, May 13, 2008.

1. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I am totally amazed by this piece of equipment. On many of my places my other blower would take me between 15 and 20 or more minutes to blow everything off and get on my way.

Well today I picked up the new blower and my first 2 accounts did not need to be mowed because they were just mowed last week and they are pasture grass and we have not had rain in forever now so I only blew off the dust from over the week and did not get a good feel for how this thing was going to work out.

By the time I got to my 4th account, I got everything edged and trimmed and cut and was ready to blow and as I am about 3 minutes in, I realize I am done and actually walked around the place 2 more times trying to figure out what I had missed because it always takes me soooooo long to get it done.

All I can say is this thing is truly the cats meow! I can actually add more accounts to each of my days if all stays the same. I was money well spent for sure!

2. Yater

Yater LawnSite Senior Member

keep that receipt handy for the warranty.

3. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

The 600 isn't bad, I bought the 550 it's just as good...just $100 less.

4. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I paid $383.00 with my Green Fleet discount. After using it today, I would not hesitate to have paid full price!

I don't plan on having troubles as long as I follow the guidelines 89 octane or better and Stihl 2 cycle. I use Stihl ultra HP and 93 octane. If it breaks, it breaks. I hope not but hey you just never know what will happen.

All in all, one of the best purchases I have made efficiency wise.

5. My new BR600 has been at the dealer for the last two weeks because it has absolutely no power. It may have 10 hours worth of use on it. The dealer claims there is an issue with the carb and had to order a new one. It was an AWESOME machine when it was working correctly. I hope to have it back soon.

6. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

The redmax ebz7001 is great also. It is a straight 2 cycle with stratocharged tech.

7. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

i have a eb7001 that has been a really great blower. i dont like redmax strato charged (ebz) anything. i have a several year old echo pb651 that has been bulletproof, although heavy, it has never let me down.......im not sure what i am going to try next......stihl is my favorite.........

8. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Well, get so much more done that it can be disposable and still ahead!!!! Just keep buying new one when it pop.

9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

tama,congrats on the purchase and don't listen to Tweedledee & Tweedledum.

10. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Who is Tweedledum!!!!