New Braunfels, Texas

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by fisher of men, Dec 11, 2003.

1. fisher of men

fisher of men LawnSite Member

I am Starting part time this spring in New Braunfels, Texas. the Name will be.

Stadt Lawn Care

Stadt means city in German

I will be operating with all commercial grade equipment and a John Deere JS 63 21'' mower. Residential only.
    I really want to make sure I am not under charging for the area.

thank you

William

2. Lil' Cabrito

Lil' Cabrito LawnSite Member

What and the heck does "fisher of men" mean and are you asking for pricing around or area? I don't really understand your post.:confused:

3. Thumper0504

Thumper0504 LawnSite Member

Cabrito' -

Ole' !!! If your in Austin, remember that areas such as New Braunfels, West, Fredrickburg, Muenster, etc were heavily settled by German folk in the 1800's (you've heard of the Schlitterbahn??)
    The deutch "city" thing kinda makes sense...

The "fisher of men" is loud and clear to me...its in the gospel I believe in the books of of Matthew and Luke...God bless you!!!!

I do have to agree though William, you're a little unclear on what you need for pricing...just need to do some leg work and what your operating cost will be....buy low, sell high, and see if its worth it!! There are a lot of good posts in this site on how figure out pricing. Good luck...

4. fisher of men

fisher of men LawnSite Member

Thank you both for your reply.
    Fisher of Men refers to
    the book of Mathew chapter 4 verse 18, 19, 20 Niv version reads

18. As Jesus was walking beside the sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, simon called Peter and his brother andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 19. "come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." 20. At once they left their nets and followed him.

I will be doing small lots in new subdivions. Service will be mow, trim, edge, blow all concrete areas and pick up yard trash. I am talking with orther companies and it seems that the going rate is $25.00 - $35.00 these are maybe 50 by 90 lots. I am wanting to price right.

Thank you
    William

5. Lil' Cabrito

Lil' Cabrito LawnSite Member

Hey, I'm full blown German so you don't have to explain this stuff to me. Didn't mean for you to get Holy on us either. Best wishes in your business plan. Lil' Cabrito:angel:

6. FarrisFrog

FarrisFrog LawnSite Member

Need Insurance in TX? Call 1-800-842-6572 ext 2581