New Buisness

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tmcdonald, May 31, 2004.

1. tmcdonald

tmcdonald LawnSite Member

Hello, I am starting a new Lawn Care Service and I am sure I will have a ton of questions. I am a little concerned about my timing since it is the first of June, should i wait until spring or get started now? I am planning mainly on a mass mailing of flyer's and some local newspaper adds. I also am not sure about equipment, should I start out with used or go ahead and buy new? I have some capital built up because i have wanted to do this for a long time and it is not going to be my only source of income. At least for now.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Start now and build your customer base. The propeties that you have will determine the type of equipment that you need.

Welcome to the site

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I say go for it, I've been in the planing stages for about a month and a half now and I think that i was better off waiting and planing because i would have sent fair flyers out there and not everything was planed out to a T. I'm going new equipment because it has warrenty and my dealer offers no down time policy's where he'll lend me a mower for the day while mine is being worked on. The thing that is holding me back is getting all the legal stuff done, i'm only 17 and i'm having difficulties getting registered. I should be sending flyers out this week registered or not and I'm going to just keep working on getting the name registered and insurence. Good luck by the way.

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi tmcdonald,

Get started as soon as you can. :)

5. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

It's never too early or too late to start.