New Bunton

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like Bunton is joining many other MGF's and offering new controls on their walkbehinds. I saw it in Turf magazine on page C13. I checked out Bunton's site. It sucks like the rest of the Textron site. I think I'll send for the info on it.

2. So is that the new Ransome with button stickers? And the higher price tag?

3. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw one of these a couple weeks ago at a trade show. The Bunton mower looked almost identical to the Bobcat next to it. Just a slightly different shade of green and the different controls(the Bobcat was pistol). The Bunton controls looked similar to the Great dane walkbehind. I say looked similar because I have'nt driven either. I'm hoping to get a demo of one later this spring when the grass is growing again. Overall the machine seemed well built and worth a second look.

4. Ron McCarty

Ron McCarty LawnSite Member

Yes the new Bunton controls are out. You will need to see and run this unit. No !!!! more pistol grips on the 2003 hydro units.
    You however may purchase the pistol grip unit on the Gear Dr.
    unit / or You can get it with the new controls.

No unsponsored dealer advertising. Please inqure for ad details.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Ron, are the controls on the belt as follows...

Push to go forward, let go to stop?

Gravely's new Pro-Steer walkbehind is set up this way and I have to say it works great. Reverse is real and steerable as well on it. I hope Bunton has followed the same suit.

6. Ron McCarty

Ron McCarty LawnSite Member

If you would like to see the new Z-controls on the 2003 Bunton
    Outdoor Power Equipment January 2003 issue page 29