1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New business, advice on equipment!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ridehardny, May 2, 2006.

1. ridehardny

ridehardny LawnSite Member

Im starting expanding my plowing business to mowing lawns. I already have an account for 3/4 acre. I need advice for the best equipment the dollar can buy. I've been looking at Zero turn mowers but dont know where to start. Im looking for a 52-60" mower.
  2. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Try a lesco, i am very pleased with them so far. Check out their site.
  3. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

if you arent going to do a lot try to find a 52in ztr exmark toro gravely scag lesco...they u can save some money b.c you wont need a 6fot wide trailer u can get away with buyin a 5x10 but if you are going to do a lot...i would buy a 60in ztr and find a nice cheap 36 or 32 in walkbehind...but if you do buy new chose one that u like and one with a good dealer...guys on here will tell u do get what they like and thats it...they swear by them...i say get what u like not what i like...but get one from a good dealer that will be friendly give you a mower if yours is down etc etc etc. but good luck with it all hope all goes well

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

The equipment is the cheapest part of this job! Do not cheat yourself. Think about it! Save 500 dollars on a mower that produces $50.000 a year. Buy quality