1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New business card > No Phone # - Only website (www)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mdvaden, Aug 14, 2007.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

The way I look at this - I'll get plenty of work, even if leaving the number off was a mistake. But if it was a mistake, it would be a small one, not big. And I can always get new cards in a week.

At least its a fresh experiment.

Like in hiking, I tend to find as much fun, if not more, by exploring in the woods - not just the regular paths and trails.

Maybe its the outdoorsman in me :rolleyes:
  2. mdvaden

Well that's one step forward...cards made it in.

Tough one to photograph, but here's a few images.

Different lights and different oak surfaces.

The gold foil is the new version, the white was the previous...

3. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

4. mdvaden

Thanks. I like the burgundy / wine card stock better, but green seems to fit the work.

Almost went with a real photo card.
  5. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Make sure ya let me know how this works for you when you find out. I'm real interested in that. I'm tring to figure out how to make some nice flyers. A friend of mine is designing some for me, we'll see what we come up with.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I LOVE the card, but there is no way I would do it without the phone number. I would have that beautiful card AND all the bases covered.
  7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Let us know how it works out. I think it is a cool idea that many would be afraid to try. Why not try it? It's just a few business cards.
  8. mdvaden

The first bunch of folks I gave some too, were the bank employees and manager at my bank yesterday. They were doing a customer appreciation day, with a java stand indoors. When I pointed out the www. contact, it perked their attention, and they all thought it was a good idea.

My flyers are now being worked on.

I will post back about the results. It may take months, because I don't plan to use to many of the color flyers until after we sell our house and move back near Portland.

Worst case scenario, when we move, is to pay my son like $50 to take a phone number self inking stamp and zap the number on a lot of them.
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Those that sit at a computer all day WOULD think it's a great idea. People like salesmen and such who drive all day would think that billboards would be a great idea, too. LOL :)
  10. mdvaden

Well actually, I was thinking of the big Billboard along Hy. 217 in Tigard, Oregon near Interstate 5. But the cost is almost certainly out of my league.

Movie theater ads before the main feature runs - now that's something I can afford. Maybe next year on that one. Wouldn't want to start a campaign like that going into the fall and winter here.