New Business Card Opinions

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Pro-Cut Lawn, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Pro-Cut Lawn

Pro-Cut Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Tn

After hearing the comments from the last post i had going, and a little rethinking i changed my card design and want to know what you guys think about this one. havent done the back of it yet but thought i could list what service i provide on the back ,anyway this is the front let me know what you think especially about the writing do you like the font or go with a traditional one.

4.jpg

4.jpg

2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

looks classy to me i like it

3. Pro-Cut Lawn

Pro-Cut Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Tn

thanks, thats what i am looking for classy and professional

4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Might enlarge the size of the font.. make the letters fatter somehow.. Could be harder for older people to read against the green.

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Past my time to edit.

I do not know how to use Photoshop much at all, so "Free Estimates" is supposed to be centered.

4.jpg

6. randallwise

randallwise LawnSite Member

MO; 1. Change the pic. The house is the focal point, not the beautiful lawn. Use a pic that shows more landscape and less house, isn't that what you sell? 2nd. Use an entirely dif. font. Looks classy, but it doesn't stand out. 3rd, make your phone number visible.

Think of places you might get exposure w/ your card... sitting in a display w/ your competition at the local vendors shops; pinned to a cork board someplace, etc. etc...

Your colors and the nice photo stand out, but don't sell your service...

just my $.02

RSW

7. randallwise

randallwise LawnSite Member

If this helps, take a look at my biz card. My goal when desiging any card, flyer, mailing, even sending invoices, bids, letters, etc. is brand recognition through color and the use of my icon; my rigs are yellow & green w/ large icons, the crew wears bright yellow polos (always tucked in) w/ logo on breast and green carhart pants, my bid packets are presented in bright yellow file folders. I can go on and on.

The point to all of this is association. If someone sees my add, they'll remember the bright colored trucks and trailers they saw once in their neighborhood, or maybe the yellow shirts on the employee, etc. So, if you want my opinion, it's to simply make your card stand out by designing some kind of icon, logo, or whatever that will distinguish your service and your business. I get at least 50% of my calls from recognition. "How did you hear about us?" "I saw your ad in the YP and remember seeing your truck..."

Ok, that was a lot, hope it helps.

Wise B.c..jpg

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would change the font

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I think the font goes good with the picture. The pictures says that you do upscale properties. The brushstroke of the font could be a little larger though. All in all, I like it.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

When you changed the Residentil Commercial and all theat, you just confused it, though. It just all runs together. It looks like you could just as easily be saying "Residential Licensed Commercial Insured. See,... it just runs together. Also, I don't care for the font style for these when put against you fonts for your name and such. The fonts for your name and such look rather nice, though.