New business decided to post pics of my work

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Taneli, Nov 23, 2008.

1. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

that hardscaping looks really nice
  2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Looks like you're off to a good start. Keep it up and in your future I see the need for a dump truck and Bobcat asap.

I've got a similar degree but GO HOKIES ;)
  3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Just to be critical........

-The long stream........I don't like all of the small rocks along the edge.......too busy and not natural. more plants and do massings. Pick say 5 plants and do massings vs trying to incorporate a lot of stuff.........if thats what you're doing but massings massings massings will greatly improve the look. Go to a book store and grab a good design book to get the wheels turning. Its tax deductable and will make you a lot of $$$.
  4. Taneli

Taneli LawnSite Member

Thank You for the critisism it helps. I agree with the stone it was the customers request he doesnt like mulch. It will get planted so it will soften up all the rock. He is going to do the plantings he doesnt want to pay me lol. I agree with massing plant in 3's 5's and 7's is the best look. Thank you for the advice. i wish i could have planted the stream though i had such good ideas it would have looked awesome.
  5. Taneli

Taneli LawnSite Member

6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Nice work. Those water features seem like fun projects. I'm sure it takes quite a bit of knowledge and design skills to make them look natural and flow well without looking like a pile of rocks and water spilled on top.
  7. 81Bronk36

81Bronk36 LawnSite Member

You do nice work
  8. Taneli

Taneli LawnSite Member

Thanks. Water features in my opinion are the most fun. But can be the most annoying too when u have leaks that u cant find and have to tear it all apart GRRRRRR. Flow is created by magic water fall foam lol. it is def. fun stuff not hard to do at all and huge money makers
  9. Taneli

Taneli LawnSite Member

Forgot about these pictures first retaining wall i ever did printed directions offline lol it actually turned out really well trashed the directions after 10 mins and came up with my own method lol directions were garbage. There are no plantings i forgot all about going back and taking pictures i will have to do that in the spring i built this retaining wall last summer and planted this spring that is why it is mulched but not planted.

10. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Looks Great!!!