New business decided to post pics of my work

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Taneli, Nov 23, 2008.

1. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

whats up w/the super high mulch ring around the little tree in the first pics

2. carterslandscaping08

carterslandscaping08 LawnSite Member

Looks Great, keep up the good design work!

3. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

Impressive work for your age man, keep it up!

4. Taneli

Taneli LawnSite Member

Lol thats funny good eye. This one has kinda a long story i was doing the job and realized how weird the tree ring looked. so i started scrappin back some of the mulch from the base of the tree. it was atleast 5 inches deep. So i was a little concerned so i asked the homeowner how he planted the tree. This is were it gets exciting. he told me he dug a hole and planted the tree at grade. with all the rest of the extra soil from the hole he dug he decided to mound it up becasue thats what he tought you were supposed to do. needless to say i told him that could kill the tree eventually and is def. the wrong way to plant a tree. so i ended up fixing the trees those pics were taken before i fixed the tree. There was about a foot and a half of topsoil up the tree trunk i was shocked lol.

5. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Everything looks good. How hard is it to build a retaining wall like that, I would really like to get into doing stuff like that

6. Taneli

Taneli LawnSite Member

Its pretty easy just takes time and alot of trial and error lol. Just make sure ur first coarse is level and the rest is just layin block and a couple cuts. there are alot of books and websites that will tell u how to build them.

7. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

Taneli, very nice work man keep it up, and gotta give ya props getting out there and getting it done...as said already your work is gonna keep you busy..........only thing i see that will come with practice is keeping the flow going, as with ponds even the hardscapes (keep the flow)..tier walls shoulda stepped down (bottom one maybe even took a bend),,edges of pavers, shoulda hugged the gazebo, or even in-circled it....plantings massing would do good in some cases, but otherwise very good (visionary )...by the way i love yucca, see you incorporate these in alot..........and again great job, really enjoy seeing pics like these

8. Taneli

Taneli LawnSite Member

Wow i guess i posted no pictures in 2010....alots going on in 2011 so far. Just purchased this used gehl 5635 skidsteer I also bought a old gmc 3500 stakebody dump at the end of last season. I have a large project coming up that i will make sure i take pictures of. It will be around 1000 square feet of pavers a waterfall into a pool fire pit with sitting wall and landscape lighting and tons of plants.

298 ls.jpg

293ls.jpg

292ls.jpg

291.JPG

290ls.jpg

9. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

haha i can't believe you are 20 years old....keep it up..you'll be a millionaire before you know it

10. Taneli

Taneli LawnSite Member

here is the new old dump...before and afters of a very small planting job we did at the end of last year

294ls.jpg

296ls.jpg

127ls.jpg

235ls.jpg

236ls.jpg