1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Business Idea, Looking for advice.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Adam.Youens, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Adam.Youens

Adam.Youens LawnSite Member

Hello Everyone,

I’m new to this Forum and fairly new to this area of expertise, I’ve worked for a landscaping company in the past and have done all of my parents, neighbors, and friends landscaping from creating simple gardens, interlock walkways, retaining walls, laying sod, but now I would like to get into this more seriously. I was hoping that I could get some of your opinions on some ideas that I’ve had. First of all I currently live in Toronto Ontario but am considering moving to the Peterborough area which is a little more north from where I currently am or packing everything up and moving to Alberta to begin this business. I’ve been thinking of going straight for it and purchasing a Truck, Bobcat, Mini Backhoe (by Bobcat) and larger backhoe/front end loader, a dump trailer or small dump truck, equipment trailer, and some other misc accessories. My plan is to start off with just one employee as my right hand man and then depending on how business goes to hire another employee or two. I’m sure people will have lots of questions because I don’t go into too much detail but let me know what else you would like to know. I’m sure many of you will think I’m getting too much stuff right at the beginning and that may be, but that’s why I am looking for some advice. I really want to thank all of you for taking the time to read this. I hope to hear from you soon.