new business idea?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fa fa flo hite, Feb 5, 2004.

1. fa fa flo hite

fa fa flo hite LawnSite Member
    from ohio

do you think there is a market for a mobile parts truck,where you have a breakdown and need a part,but do not have time to spend driving to parts store,waiting in line,when youcan call this mobile co. to come to you and either fix it for you or just drop off the part?

2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

In highly populated area's I think this would work in a fantasic way. But only if you had an exisiting storefront also. We have parts delivery from delars around here, but not for emergency on the job, or maybe they would if we called them.

3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know if that would work or not. Most of the time only small things on my equipment break that I have the parts and the tools right there to fix them. If something big were to break such as a mower engine blow up or something, if we don't have a back up mower there on the trailer, I will meet the crew at where they are working and bring them another one. I don't think people would pay the money. JMO

4. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

I would definitely pay for that service. If a mowing crew had a breakdown and I was out on another job and could not get away from it to bring them parts or to go fix the machine a mobile parts truck/mechanic would be great to fall back on. If that meant the difference between a machine being down for the day then I'd definitely use the service. Good luck...

:blob3:

5. cush

cush LawnSite Senior Member

I would rather spend 2 hours chasing parts than spend 1/2 hour waiting around.

6. I know John Deere did something like that ,don't know how it went for them , but the local dealer quit doing it after the first season.

7. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

That would be alot of parts to have to stock.
    You better have a peter-built and a 54' trailer.

8. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

There is a mobile fix it place here in Indy called MowerCare Inc.

9. capescaper

capescaper LawnSite Member

i live in in the beach area of delaware with well over 200 lco's and a guy who had a shop with just about every company using him decided to try a mobile business he had the shop for 6 years he had the mobile shop for 1 season