New Business Name? Opinions...Suggestions

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Green Elegance, May 30, 2006.

1. Green Elegance

Green Elegance LawnSite Member

I am currently operating a Lawn, Landscape, & Stone business..........I have never been too satisfied with the name, but it works ( Green Elegance). I have recently juggled a few names around and thought of changing it to
    TEXTREME EXTERIORS. As I am located in North Texas, and now offer other services including concrete work, arbors & fencing...........almost a one stop shop. Let me know what you think of this name. I am also looking for logo assistance(not for free of course) Any suggestions, opinions, and or comments welcome.

Thanks a ton,
    -Dan

2. ENDURO

ENDURO LawnSite Member

I don't like it, sorry. Sometimes when someone tries to combine too many elements into a name, it just doens't work, for me at least. Like the TEX for TEXAS. I think Texas Exteriors, even sounds more professional.

3. Green Elegance

Green Elegance LawnSite Member

I agree, but I think there is a company named Texas Exteriors...........they do total home remodels..........they are in Austin, I am in the Dallas area............not sure I can register this business name.......
    I see your point though..........any suggestions?

4. jarroo's lawncare

jarroo's lawncare LawnSite Member

for my business name i took my last name which is spain like the country and yards and combined the two, to make spainyards. kinda like spainiard but spainyards you get it.

5. ENDURO

ENDURO LawnSite Member

Sorry, don't like spainyards either. It's not that I don't personally like it, it just doesn't tell your customers what you do, and more importantly, customers probably don't really care if your personal name is somehow sandwiched into your company name/logo. It works sometimes like DELL Computers, but that is rare. Same w/ the Exteriors name, it sounds like you are doing Home Siding. I read a tip somewhere that said you want to look at the Companies that have been extremely successful and try and come up w/ something similar or along those lines. One of your goals should be to make the company appear Large and Successful, not a business that is being run out of your home. Look through a few phone books. You can usually spot good and bad names very quickly and try and decide who you would or wouldn't call if you needed some service. If you had a problem w/ termites would you call a place called "Billy-Bugs-Johnson" or a company named "Terminex". Another example, Chem Lawn. They put Chemicals on your Lawn. I'm not very good at coming up w/ names either, but I've learned the hard way what doesn't work. How about something like Texas Lawn, Landscape & Stone, Texas Stone, or Dallas Lawn & Landscape? Sorry, that's the best I could do.

6. ENDURO

ENDURO LawnSite Member

By the way, I think Green Elegence is a pretty good name for a Lawncare company. Later.

7. Mac_Cool

Mac_Cool LawnSite Member

I'm with Enduro, I like the name to tell me something about the business.

Here is a recommendation for logo design. I have seen quite a few of his designs and he is very good.
    http://www.reno-designs.com/