New Business, Need Advice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jimmyblair, Feb 12, 2006.

1. jimmyblair

jimmyblair LawnSite Member
    from London

Hi Guys,

I live in South Western Ontario Canada and the seasons are obvious. Lots of growing grass in the summer and lots of snow in the winter.

My question: Do you think it is possible to create a 1 year contract? How many of you are doing this? Say 100.00 per month. That gets you four cuts a month in the S/S/Fall, and snow removal in the winter.

The winter might be trouble and run me in the red if we get alot of snow though!

So, 50 houses all on contract = 60,000 per year minus expenses.

Also, how big are your businesses and what is your profit. I know this is personal, so please just estimate your contracts and the amount you bring in, if you don't mind. I would like to get a feel for how many homes I need to service to average 60K a year profit.

Thanks a million, and good luck to all.

James

2. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Sure you can do a year long contract and some people prefer to be on one because I helps keep their bill per month lower. I would not do it that low try $150 or $200 you guys get a ton of snow. If you think about it a lower price you could get 50 house but if you charge higher like I said you could get the same money for half of the work. I have about 70 customers for this year so far without ads being sent yet so once I start I will have between 100-150. I hope to make $200,000 this year. Good Luck and welcome to Lawn Site!

3. jimmyblair

jimmyblair LawnSite Member
    from London

Thanks for the reply. I thought maybe that was a little on the low side.

Jim