New business needs LOGO

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rutwad, Aug 30, 2006.

1. rutwad

rutwad LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Finally decided to go with Selective Land Clearing and I am going to try designoutpost and see what they offer. Are there any other good websites for logos, or am I better off buying computer software and doing something myself.

thanks

2. rutwad

rutwad LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I've searched different websites and I have no idea what to do next. The price range of service vary greatly from site to site. Do you usually get what you pay for with this type of service, is the higher cost usually better designs. I want to find somewhere I can get signs, business cards, and logo design to use on truck, equipment, invoices etc. Do I concentrate on a logo first, then take it to anybody to apply to my bus. cards and other items.

3. mr63

mr63 LawnSite Member

if you can get whoever designs your logo to send it to you in ".eps" format it can be enlarged to any size without losing clarity so it could be used for vinyl, signs, magnets..anything that can possibly be printed. when it comes to logos its not always getting what you pay for. before i started doing my own i used a company called speed-media.com there a small operation so its really personal. you could try them, ill try to find some other companies with websites that do logos.

4. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

What do you use? I would like to have the software since I know several people who need logos and if I had the software I would do it for FREE.

5. mr63

mr63 LawnSite Member

the software i use is adobe illustator, it runs about $300 i think, i got mine from school so it was only like $90.

6. rutwad

rutwad LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I'm scared to pay $200 to somebody on the web and then not be satisfied with the results. I'm not very creative so I hate to use the software program unless it's just a pick and choose option. I found a website where I was able to use a generic template and make a business card. I think it turned out ok. I'll see if I can get a pic of it on here.

7. rutwad

rutwad LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Could someone make one for me? Selective Land Clearing.

8. teewolf

teewolf LawnSite Member
    from UK

I will post one soon

9. teewolf

teewolf LawnSite Member
    from UK

what is your opinion of the attached?

selective.gif

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wow,...THAT'S cool.... I do think I would lose the "rake and wheelbarrow", though. I would somehow incorporate a rock and a (large looking) tree of some sort.