New Business - Software to Use

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mower63, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Mower63

Mower63 LawnSite Member

Hi all,

I've been following this site for sometime now, lots of great information and insight. I've just made the move from a 9-5 and in process of buying an existing property mgmt company. Most of the work is lawn/landscape/sprinkler repair....some minor building maintenance for a couple of accounts. All the accounts are commercial.

What options are available in terms of software solutions to track equipment PM, account service schedules/routes/fert schedules, track project work/estimates/costs/profit, etc.??? Any specific solutions popular with landscapers and LCO's?? Any dislikes?

I've looked at Quickbooks Pro for Contractors and it seems like a reasonable starting point. However it would be nice to have a more integrated solution with above mentioned features in other software packages. I'm also looking for mobile solutions to keep track of time per job....activity based cost capture....

I'm thinking long term growth and I want to have a solid technology base so I can focus on the business instead of trying to figure out why I can't get an invoice to print.

Mow, moe or mo'

2. dmc337

dmc337 LawnSite Member

I just started out this season and downloaded the FREE trial of Gopher...very pleased and easy to just trying to convince my wife (who governs the money) to purchase it. The Pro version will do almost if not all of the things that you are looking for (correct me if I'm wrong Gopher), Team Gopher is always on these boards for you to ask questions...took me a few hours to set it up just the way I wanted, but that was it.

Good Luck!

Landscape Design by McKenna
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi dmc337,

Thanks for the positive feedback! :)

Mower63 please consider visiting our site to download the Gopher trial.

Thanks again!
  4. Mower63

Mower63 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a try as soon as I get through the due diligence work.