New Business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by thekeebler, Jul 4, 2005.

1. thekeebler

thekeebler LawnSite Member

Can anyone Help me in finding a good template for a new Business looking for New Clients. Thanks

Dan

2. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

A template for what? A website, flyers, door-hangers, contracts, etc--

Please be more specific. :)

3. thekeebler

I guess I need to specify that. What I was actually looking to do was send out letters to Real Estate Companies, Rental Agencies etc. I retired from the Military and I am working for the Railroad now, no set hours, times or anything. So, Lawn Care is an excellant choice in my opinion. Something I enjoy.

Dan

4. marionlandscape

marionlandscape LawnSite Member

I have had very little luck with rental agencies coincidently I just returned from signing a contract for 2K from a landlord but that never happens most landlords like the tenants to maintain the lawns. I did send out letters to all real estate agents with no luck either because why would they want to fix up a property they are only trying to sell for someone else. most of the real estate agencies have a referral list and if you can get them a stack of cards.. anytime they are going to sell a house that needs maintenance they may have the owner call you because everyone knows curb appeal adds value and the more value the more the agent gets.

5. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

Realestate agents are some of the most difficult people to deal with. I would try to stay away from those situations. My best customer is not the yard that I get $100 for ($1.33 per minute), its the little old lady who pays me $25 ($2.27 per minute) for a yard that takes me 11 minutes. Walk around and introduce yourself to people. If you do a good job people will tell other people about you. This is my 3rd year and all my new customers are referrals from existing customers.

6. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Which railroad do you work with? Where do you run too? My brother works on NFS and is based out of Cincy.

JP

7. thekeebler

I worked for Norfolk Southern out of Cincinnati for about a year running up to Columbus, then got married and moved to Columbus working out of Buckeye Yard. Computers came into play through automation and work was cut back to 2 or 3 days a week. Have a family amd mortgage to take care of so I joined a "Short Line" out of Newark, Ohio Central Rail System.

8. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

My brother is a conducter and is now working the yard at Reed yard down there. Says he is going to be on the road again soon.

Have you checked out the Elements of Business forum for some help on the letter? I just advertise in the local papers, use magnets for the truck, and word of mouth.

JP