1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Bob Pro, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Bob Pro

Bob Pro LawnSite Member

What time of year is good for finding new customers. Her in VT the mowing season don't really start until about mid-April. Should I send out some mailers now or wait until March. I plan on putting out door hangers early April. When do lawn care businesses start soliciting customers.
  2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

You'll have to get your name in front of them several times so you wnat to start ealy and get them on signed contracts if you can. 6 weeks before is a good starting point IMO. Make a plan of the area you plan to target and how you will do it. Look into desinging your direct mailers soon so you have time to correct the proofs and you don't fall to the back of the line.
  3. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

Remember that march and early april is a good time to make some money doing spring clean ups, mulch, and other spring services. So even though you may not be mowing lawns there is money to be made. These services are also a good way to pick up lawns too.
  4. Bob Pro

Bob Pro LawnSite Member

I recently have been sending out mailers. I plan on wording an add for the local paper. With an emphasis on how my services will help the customer with extra time, how there lawn will look, etc.... Thanks for the advice.
  5. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

In North Carolina mowing normally begins in March-Mid March. I plan on picking the first nice weekend and spending a good 20+ hours with my door hangers.