1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by larryinalabama, Feb 17, 2008.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Hello to everyone Im new to the site. I am just trying to get some feedback on my business plan. Im planint to start my business part time for this year. I want to build a account base of 30 residentual accounts for my bread and butter. Well for the gravy Im now trying to get as much small equiptment as possible. I want somewhat to be an operator rental yard so to speak.

Im figuring on 30-35$ average on my accounts per week. Im figuring 60$ mininum and 50$ each additional hour on the small equiptmnet. Tractor and mini excavator work Im figuring 150$ first 2 hours min. and 60$ each additional hour. So im really counting on more running these machines more than my regular route.

I had a business in SO California 12 years ago and ran 65 accounts, I never reall had any opportuinty to buy extra equiptment to do aerating or other smilar jobs.

Any imput is appricated
  2. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

larry i can't talk for alot of the equiptment

but my buddy gets 200 an hour for his backhoe+ operator or 1000 a day
    brushcutting is on average about 50 an acre
    i would think 125-150 an hour is a fair price around here for a small skid steer or front loader...

thats of course here in ny but this might help

3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I need to change jobs ... LOL !!
  4. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

Before you change jobs

just remember that you need a big trailer, big truck

road tax, cdl plus excavation insurance is heavy

plus you have to line up work every week every day... no set schedules per say

plus a bunch of other things i can't think of.....

5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic