New Business

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jrnok, Mar 10, 2002.

1. jrnok

jrnok LawnSite Member

I live in Oklahoma and just got into the lawn care business. I can already tell that for the long haul I need to get involved in weed control to offer full maintenance. Should I try to take classes for this while I work trial and error or put off my business and work for someone already going to learn more of the ropes?

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

not sure that im following ur question, u talking about weed control in lawns? classes would be good, also try doing a search will help u out a lot.

3. trophytkr

trophytkr LawnSite Member

Your best bet is to go thru a state run pesticide training program. Usually they are one day classes with a follow up test that you must pass to be licensed for pesticides and fert. To be a legal applicator you must be license if you are doing this for money. Here in wisconsin we have to buy a license every year and go thru a recertification every 5 years to keep up to date on new chemicals out on the market. If you contact your department of agraculture they should be able to give you all the info you need. Good luck, This is also my first year out.
    Rick A-Z Lawn Care ;)