1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Business

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Niagara Falls, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls LawnSite Member

I don't know if it's me or what, but I can't find anybody within 100 miles of me that has any knowledge of building waterfalls or ponds. The Aquascape rep here in Ontario has given me the only company he knows of and they are 200 miles away.
    This might be an opportunity for a new business venture. Of the people I have told about my Niagara Falls project, quite a few would like to have a pond/waterfall in their landscaping. But unlike me, they are smart and go by the motto "Don't try this at home"

2. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Who was your aquascape rep? Was it Doug Harvey? He seems like a good guy that I liked how he presented himself at a few seminars I attended.

Build a waterfall/pond for a faily/friend and see how you like it and go from there. I absolutely LOVE building them compared to any other hardscapes. I don't look at them as work but getting paid to have fun. Don't get me wrong they are hard work, but I'd rather move tons of boulder than tons of retaining wall block.

3. Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls LawnSite Member

The rep's name is Jason. The company is called Sun Nurseries/Aquascape.

And I'm not doing a neighbours, I'm doing my own. I'm a bit disabled so starting a business is out of the picture for me, although my neighbour who is going to be helping/doing building this is interested as to just how much it costs. He might add it to his contracting business.

4. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotcha! I thought you were inquiring about the business.