new buyer

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by knuckshemi, Mar 25, 2004.

1. knuckshemi

knuckshemi LawnSite Member

OK guys, we do not have a Hustler dealer in our area. So I had never looked at one. But I went to Nashville today and stopped at an exmark dealer on the way home. He was also a Hustler dealer.

Here is what he said,

The Hustler is a great machine.
    It will go faster than the Exmark, but will not cut any faster than the Exmark. He did say the EXmark would cut at full speed, but since the Hustler would go faster it would not.
    He pointed out that the frame on the Hustler was heavier.
    He pointed out that the Hustler had larger pumps for the hyd.
    He said the seat on the Hustler was standard and a 600.00 option on the Exmark.
    He said it even had a better air cleaner on the Hustler.

Well I have fallen in love with this machine.
    But is all of this true?
    This was a Super Z for 7995.00, is that a good price.

Thanks
    flufflyon:eek: :p :p :p :p

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is all true.
    What dealer did you stop at ?
    Where are you located ? we are adding new dealers every day.

Pj

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I had a dealer tell me the same thing last spring (same situation, he sold both) . I was hard headed and had to have what I wanted :eek: I bought the red mower then 6 months later bought the Super Z :p

Tell you what though...when you are cutting little bits of stuff during the slow season, 15mph is your friend.

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

15mph is my friend .

5. knuckshemi

knuckshemi LawnSite Member

OK, went to my local Hustler dealer today. (about 30 miles away). Told him I wanted to test the Super Z. He had one, but then he pulled out a Ferris 3000. Said it was a better RIDING machine and that he would perfer it over the Super Z.

Can any one tell me the honest truth about how these two machines match up? Please. I like them both. I didnt get to drive either one (let alone try them on grass). BTW does any one let you demo a unit?

Thanks

Fluffyone

6. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

You should ALWAYS demo any machine you are considering purchasing. Anyone that wants to sell equipment should not have a problem with someone demoing a unit.
    Tim

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Who is the dealer you were at today ?
    You need to demo both, you will see the Hustler Super Z rises to the top.
    We have a demo program with dealers, so you can try out a unit on a demo basis.

Pj

8. bmac

bmac LawnSite Member

Mowerconsultant,

When you say you have a demo program with your dealers, does this mean that they should have an area on site where you can try out a mower or does it mean that they will allow you to take a demo unit home for a specified time period to try it out?

I have a sloped area surrounding my pool. I have read on this site that Hustler handles slopes better than most (if not all) other ZTRs. However, without trying one on my yard, it may be difficult to see for myself that the Hustler will give me the quality of cut that I am seeking (on the slopes as well as in other areas of the yard. BTW, I am considering the Mini Z or Super Mini Z.

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It depends on the dealer.
    Some let you demo on there grass, some let you take a mower or a day, and some will bring the mower to you and do a demo with you on site.
    Call your dealer and ask if he can do a demo on your property.
    If he can not let me know, I may be able to arrange a factory rep to help you out.

Pj

10. seb442

seb442 LawnSite Member

I have look at and test drove a Super Z and also a Ferris 3000. I like everything about the Super Z better than the Ferris except it did not seem to ride as smooth.

Could this have been do to the setup, tire pressure, ect. of the Super Z. I would much prefer the Super Z except I do need the best rise posible due to several surgeries. Also would have to pay cash for Super Z as the finiancing after 3 months has a much to high interest rate.