new cable tv channel

Discussion in '<a href= target=_blank ?>Sn' started by plowking35, Oct 14, 2000.

1. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

We have aknowledged the fact that we are all nuts. So why not parley our enthusiasm into an all snow all the time cable tv network. If golf and food have one, why not snow.
    We can do skiing, snowmobiling, ice skating, all winter time activities. Cover the ididirod, and the like.
    Of course we can do live ride alongs with snow contractors, like cops, but rename it plow jockeys. Picture of a drivers hand around a property manager or some thing.
    Since we all know I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer at this site, I expect to see some really good suggestions from the rest of the inmates.
  2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

well i am pretty easy going myself.

However someones car onto of a mountin of snow, would be a good one. Showing a pusher pushing car higher and higher, because it was left in the middle of the lot all night long.

3. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Snowboarding. If we ever get real snowfalls on a weekend we build half pipes (or usually quarter pipes) with the plows. We could take up a half hour show.
  4. diggerman

diggerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

You could do something like "survivor" inside the cabs of several plow trucks on a snow night.Might get censored quite a bit but that might work.

Could also do a TNT type car show but with plow trucks where they bring in old plow trucks and restore them in like three shows. Maybe a plow truck road test program.

What about a Red Green show for plow guys with a guy named Boss Westmier.

Or a show called the In Fisher Man.

Could show kids shows like frosty the snowman,Rudolph,and miracle on 34th st year round.

It could have a weather channel ticker running on the bottom of the screen all the time.

Special shows about the crazy snow storms they used to have in August.

The whole thing would be like a Playboy channel for plow guys,Yeah,yeah thats the ticket.
  5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

SnowTV, "ALL snow, ALL the time"

Have a website, with a list of webcams you can click on to see live broadcasts right from the driver's seat of the trucks. Geoff already has cameras in his trucks, so he is a step ahead of the rest of us. Just need to get a satalite link, or transmit through a cellular phone back to a base. Each base would have a DSL line right to the website. Then even if you didn't have snow, you could get your daily fix of the white stuff online, 24/7. Newbies could learn from real pros too. There would have to be at least a 10 second delay, to allow censoring. In fact, some of us shouldn't even have a mic in the truck. Maybe those of us that need not be heard plowing, could dangle the mic out the window.

There could be a section for new equipment and techniques. A photo gallery, somewhat like a "wall of shame" instead of a hall of fame. There we could post pics of major foul ups.

Hmmmm, here's an idea I can run with, but on the internet level. I'll leave the TV phase of it to Dino. Not that I don't want to be part of it, because I do, but I can do more on the internet to get it rolling. Don't leave me out Dino buddypalolchumomine!

And Dig, you forgot the spot on the show called "Chuck's Toxic Paint Tips"!!!!
  6. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

I like it.

Last post from JA. Time to go home and pack. Gotta catch a plane at 6 AM. Fun in the sun time......

I'll be back on Sunday night (10/22/00)- Peggy should have had enough of me by then anyway....

Keep smiling.
  7. Chuck Smith

Hmmmm, never thought of it before, but I kinda have a head start on this already. My site, is
    BUT, I dubbed it the " Network" right from day one.

Wasn't thinking of it as a TV network at the time....

And Dig, you also forgot about the John Allin Show! He could compete with Ledderman and Leno for us Plow Nuts. That way we'd have something good to watch on TV late at night when we are reading and posting here! Guys like Dino and myself could watch it while we are online, on the computer. We got the TV card in our puters, anyone else have a TV program on their computer? They are coooool.
    You can surf, and watch TV at the same time. You can run the TV in full screen mode too. Not so great on a 14" monitor, but on a 19" WOW.
  8. iowastorm

iowastorm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I think the show should be for men and modeled after 'the man snow' on the comedy channel (plenty of naked women in bikinis running around in the snow). I'd by happy to host or co-host the program.
  9. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

If you broadcasted of my vidoe cameras, all you would see is the mass distruction left behind the truck.

10. Chuck Smith

We love to see mass destruction!! Just look at the ratings of those police chase special shows.