New cans from Blitz and return of old style!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowing Freak, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

Talked to a rep from Blitz last Saturday and she had a new style of pour spout for gas cans and said they will be out around April 15th. They are already pictured on Blitz website. I asked her about the old style cans with the pull spout and vent cap, and told her there is a lot of people upset those cans disappeared. She told me they couldn't make them any more because of Government regulations, but said they are coming back in April as a water can but I know they will be used as gas cans. I told her she was right. Just thought this info may be of use. She had some of the new cans on display and I would like to get one for 2 cycle mix and see how the new spouts work. I think they will be an asset. They have a safety switch on them but it can be easily removed if you don' t have kids around. Just for your info.

2. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

You know,...... there's nothing stopping you from drilling your own vent.

3. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

eh a gas can is a gas can

4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

DRILLING???

I put vent holes in my cans with a screw driver and a hammer. one swift blow and now you have a vent.

I wish we could get a gas can with a larger bottom so that when it swells up like a beach ball it wont tip over

5. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

huh?! how do you keep the gas from sloshing out? the old type had the little plastic deal where you could open or close it. Curious how you solved it when you drill.

6. Duncan90si

Duncan90si LawnSite Member

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I picked up 5 B&S 5 gallon cans at Walmart a few weeks ago. They had the vent and a flexible spout. They were something like $5.99 a piece.

If you do decide to get the Blitz cans make sure you paint them red.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

9. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i run the no spill 2.5 and 5 gallon gas cans and love them them. They dont spill even if upside down ad self vent when needed. THey also dont tip over.

10. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Where have you been for the past 5 years? Big difference to what we had back then.