New Card for lawn business

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by leadarrows, Mar 11, 2003.

1. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

What do you do? Are you scott? Residential? Commercial? Not enough info for me. plus I like the square mower tires. Just my .02 :cool:

2. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Should be a comma after Services. Scott's Dependable Services, Inc.. ^ I may be wrong, but I think that your slogan should be in quotes. "Leaf your lawn to us." I would scrap the mower idea completely and put something else like what services you provide.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I would scrap the cheap pic of the mower also. Did you reverse the pic.....look like the discharge chute is on the left side of the mower.

MATT

4. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Ok I tried to implement some of the advise given here. As for the name I like it being non descriptive. It leaves the door open for more than one enterprise with out having multiple company names. Now that would be a pita. Scotts is right I think. Scotts being plural in this case. My wife and I make two Scotts.But even if I'M wrong about that it's a registered name at this point. Scotts Dependable Services Incorporated. We are a S-corp.
    Yes walkertalker I reversed the picture of the mower. Good Eye.
    I just thought it fit better that direction. It's gone now any way. If you guy don't like this version any better I will probable scrap this idea and start over. One thing I would like to mention is the nice thing about designing your own cards is you can always change it or have more than one design for each application or even season. I have a completely different card for my construction clean-up service's for instance. thanks to all for the feed back it helps a lot.:)

leaf yor lawn to us.biz #5.jpg

5. stang358

stang358 LawnSite Member

I like the new design. It is flashy and grabs your attention. Also I like the mentioning of the services that you offer. I wish I had done that on mine but decided to put a picture of one of my properties as the background(with permission of course).

6. stang358

stang358 LawnSite Member

Woops...forgot to attatch pic.

Ok for some reason the pic is not appearing.

7. stang358

stang358 LawnSite Member

Ok, I will try this one more time. Resized it so that maybe it will post this time.

business card.jpg

8. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

A few things:

Use colors that contrast. Too many light colors wash out the design. Maybe a hunter green back round. The font should go too. Maybe a Arial Bold or Arial font. Its best not to use too many fonts in a design. One or two is fine. Also to cut costs you can do a two color design. Knock out letters make the design appear as a 3 color design. Why not put Scott's Lawn/Landscape. You want people to know what type of work you do. Not all people know what a ZTR is. You want them to get a basic idea of what you do. You don't want to turn the business card into an ad. A Lawyer never puts everything he does on his card. Just the basics Company name, phone# Fax# address contact name. Trust me I also have a clothing company. We screen print shirts. You would be surprised how you can make things stand out by keeping it simple. Travis

9. leadarrows

from N/A

I tweaked it a little this is as good as I can get this one I think. I'm using Andy font I like it but I will try some others. Thanks again for the feed back.

10. leadarrows

from N/A

I hate it when I do that.:blush: attached wrong file. Here it is.

sds lawn care card #1.jpg