New CAST Lighting LED Bullet

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by steveparrott, Dec 9, 2011.

1. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

Everyone seems to be sharing their latest-greatest products, so here's one that's very different from the crowd.

The new CAST Lighting LED Bullet (CBLED141) is engineered for survival in hot humid environments and has an L70 of 60,000 hrs.

It uses a sophisticated module recently recognized by the IES Progress Committee as providing “an advancement in the art and science of lighting.”

A few details about this module: Changeable optics for beam spreads of 41, 21, and 12 degrees; a brightness switch to change between 20w and 35w (equivalent incandescent wattage); accepts 9.6v to 28.8v AC or DC; microprocessor-based control system; LEDSense thermal control (automatically reduces current if module over-heats); dynamic transformer recognition (optimizes performance based on electronic or magnetic transformer type); dimmable; no capacitors in drive current; UL, RoHS, and FCC compliant (no EMI problems); and, of course, the module is replaceable.

The difference between this module mounted on our specially-designed bullet body and other MR-16 LED's inside a closed environment is huge. There have been an alarming number of failures in the field.

The fixture will be available by 1/15/12, pre-orders are encouraged. A couple weeks later, a tree light (CTLED141) using the same module will be released.

For more details, click here.

cbled1-combo-600.jpg

2. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

I had a chance to put my hands on one of these a few weeks ago when Bruce was in town for a training seminar. It's a very nice fixture. I'm hoping to get a sample from my supplier soon so that I can start to play with it some.

3. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice, I'm impressed. Will this fixture accept lenses?

4. Alan B

Alan B Sponsor

Steve,

Those features sound awesome. Especially like the ac/dc, magnetic or electronic trans, auto shut off and low vs high power switch. Very nice!

Sincerely,

Alan

5. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

Yes. Just enough space for a single optical lens or hexcell louver.

6. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

Thanks Alan.

7. Richie@

Richie@ LawnSite Member

Cutting edge as usual , nice work Cast.

8. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks good. Specs seem very well thought out.

9. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Rich showed me one of these last week and it looks sweet. I'm looking forward to putting one to the test very soon.

10. NELS PETERSON

NELS PETERSON LawnSite Member

I'm planning on ordering 54 for a project in the Keys this winter. Just what I wanted for Christmas