1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Cat 257D any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ClassicLawnCareInc, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you will be very happy with it . Now all you need is some snow ........... I will be down your way next Sat. Are you guys around the shop on the weekends ?

2. ClassicLawnCareInc

ClassicLawnCareInc LawnSite Senior Member

Thanx. It depends on what we have to do. Usually this time of year im only at the shop on a Sat if something needs fixing or we are getting loaded up to do salting of plowing. do you mean tomorrow or a week from tomorrow?

3. Marek

Week from tomorrow.

4. ClassicLawnCareInc

Hey I just remembered you asked me about yesterday. I was there for abou 3 hours working. I forgot to get back to you

5. Marek

You guys were just backing the machine in the shop when I came thru, we were running late so I didn't stop. I will be headed back down a few times over the next few weeks for goose season and the watermans expo. I will try to catch up to you at some point.
    Have you gotten any use out of the machine yet ?

6. ClassicLawnCareInc

Ahh gotcha. That was me backing it in. I drive the white Ram 3500. I used the 259D for about 3 hours so far. Its really nice. It has a lot of power, it pushed a large pile with ease. Ill be using it more and more in the next few weeks. Have you got your 299D yet?

7. Marek

Saw the Ram sitting there. They called last week and said my loader was done and they wanted to deliver it and I told them Jan 2 would be fine. No sense in having to pay all the personal property taxes on it and only own it for 2 weeks out of the year

8. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Could you post a link to the thread that you posted pics of the 259D in?

9. ClassicLawnCareInc

10. GreenswardLLC

GreenswardLLC LawnSite Member

Any further thoughts on 257D verses 259D.