New Cat 257D any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ClassicLawnCareInc, Nov 21, 2013.

1. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I think the loader arms are redesigned. I noticed something different when I looked at them this year they don't have the enclose the more open like bobcats.

I had no problem seeing anything out of them. The seat is adjustable front to back I believe. The cab is huge though for sure
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm just going by what I have been told but appreciate your info. I would definitely try it out well before buying. I have also heard from somewhere else the kubotas lack hydraulic flow for brush cutters and such.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ClassicLawnCareInc

ClassicLawnCareInc LawnSite Senior Member

Either way Im sticking with a Cat over the Kubota b/c of the service.

Im 90% thinking the ctl now.

4. whiffyspark

I've heard that as well. You know as well as I do you need to match attachments to the machine so it may be as simple as that.

I also heard there coming out with a 100+ HP machine for mulching, but no solid info on that yet

I think Youre making the right decision over a mtl. Take a look at metro bobcat too theres one in your area. If you come down tonpg I have a friend in forestville
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ClassicLawnCareInc

K k I'll take a look
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. whiffyspark

If you call forest ville his name is Roberto. A t590 is about the same size as the 259.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ClassicLawnCareInc

I've had great luck with my current cat 242b it'd take a heck of a deal to switch
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. ClassicLawnCareInc

They have 1 on its way to the dealer now. A new 259 Ctl enclosed cab heat ac manual quick couplet 2 speed n proportional hydro . Is there any other options that are must have ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Hydra ulic coupler if you switch attachments much.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. whiffyspark

Yeah hydro coupler is nice for a yard machine to switch between forks and bucket
    Posted via Mobile Device