New Cat C304CR

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by qps, Mar 13, 2006.

1. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Well, it came in, meet the salesman for lunch and we checked it out in the yard, as it sits the new cab is great, instrutments, everything well thought out, to shift the boom from side to side you just flip a thumb switch on the left pilot control (no foot petals) thumb switch already setup on the right pilot control...dropping it off tomm. for demo....stay tuned:cool2:

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Awesome! Keep us informed.

3. qps

from Indy

Hey Mr. C...I'll take and post some pic's tomm.:)

4. qps

from Indy

I was gonna tell you guys, they had to redesign the buckets, extra gusseting on the backside, they were splitting the olds with the new bumped up pressures...

5. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah Yeah I know...I haven't posted the pics of the new 301.8...but seriously...its just an excavator...do you really want to see it.

6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I don't know about anyone else but I'd sure like to see it Squiz.

Rob

7. qps

from Indy

Good God, the way your carried on about it and now you don't want to take its picture????:drinkup:

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The CASE CX mini ex's also have the flip switch to rotate swing boom. Its pretty neat although it takes some getting used to. I spent two days on a CX36B and years of activating the boom with my feet was hard to break. It should be interesting to see how the CAT performs.

9. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I've logged more hours in a CX31 than anything else, I'm pretty used to having my thumb on the right stick and my boom rotate on the left stick. I think Case makes a nice mini.

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I thought the B series was a huge improvement. I demoed the initial series and I thought they were under powered. They reminded me very much of the Deere mini ex. The B series is a completely different machine. Much better bucket performance and the feel in the controls is awesome. I would consider one but after running this side to side boom on the TK I don't think I can go back to a swing boom.