New Cat skid steer problems ???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by txbrushbuster, Nov 7, 2008.

happy with Cat C series skid steer?

Poll closed Feb 5, 2009.
  1. Is your new C series skid steer reliable?

2 vote(s)
  2. Is your service on your new skid steer reliable

1 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. txbrushbuster

txbrushbuster LawnSite Member

Am I all alone out here? drive moter mounts,AC,elect shorts
  2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

No problems with the "C" models here, I asked when I was at the rental yard on Monday, both the 246, 256 and 262's are highly asked for and they are always on rent.
    I always pin the blame on the dealerships.
  3. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Ron, you could be onto something but his problems are eerily similar to the ones I had and we work in the same terrain and locations. I think there are some lemon C series machines and I also believe there are some design issues that lead to failures. Some things can be explained away like component failures but major issues like drive motors and and A/C should have been fixed by now yet I get email from people in other areas experiencing problems like A/C condensers clogging up in 10-20 hours. That is a design issue.

Gotta get rid of that ugly kitty..where's the crazy kitty Ron?
  4. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

i blame it all on Deere,new boogie cat is strong and intimidating!
  5. bobcat_ron

Oh crap, well just for you boogie cat lovers:
  6. SellingIron

SellingIron LawnSite Senior Member
    from FTE

Don't you have to lift up the cab to get to one of the air filters??Also, the AC intake filter is right above the track( sort of like the komatsu)....
  7. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

You don't need to lift the CAB to access C series filters but he is having problems, as well as I did, with the under cab (evaporator or is it condenser) clogging up. What a pain in the rear to clean, too. I'm at 200 hrs on my new Bobcat working in the same conditions as I did with my CAT and I haven't cleaned the A/C once.

This poor guy has had nothing but problems that he didn't have with a B series.
    By the way, he grinds brush just like I do in the same area. The idea that he is having the same issues as I had lend me to think either two machines in row in same market were lemons or there is an issue with the C series design for working in very dusty and rough terrain conditions.
  8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

There are some guys on HEF that don't have much good to say about them. They have not sold many in this area so I have no first hand info.
  9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks, Ron! I had to laugh at the montage.
  10. bobcat_ron

Here's some more: