New CAT

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by qps, Jun 16, 2007.

1. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Pulled in to my CAT dealer this morning and they had just unloaded two new C series skidsteers ...jump in one of them...don't remember the model....78 HP I think and drove it around the yard...cab...wow....hydraulics...super smooth and responsive, makes me want to go back to a wheel machine instead of a MTL....not under working conditions but first impressions are...thumbs up...I forgot, vision around the cab is so much better then my 257B...I see a trade in my future....gotta have the pressurized cab with A/C this time...

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Good to hear from you again QPS. The C series seems to be impressing those who have seen them. I haven't had a look yet, need to get ahold of our sales guy and figure out when they hit the lots out here.

3. qps

from Indy

I've been lurking around from time to time,not much time to post during the season, few updates...my C304CR finally came in, nice machine...will post pic's sometime...

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Please do, I thought you fell off the face of the earth.:hammerhead:

5. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

If they're out on the lots... maybe it's time for me to go look at the first non-prototype version of them. :D

I'm so bloody excited for these machines to saturate the market. Just deliver, Cat, deliver!

6. qps

from Indy

I can tell you that I'll look at everybody's first, but the improved vision, cab and controls is a knockout punch in my opinion...lets see how the track machines perform...I think it was a 272C, I took a pic with my camera phone but it is terrible quality...

7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Is the 272C & the 297C cats new skid steer and MTL?? I just saw the on there web site..

8. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Yeah -- new machines:

SSL: 246C, 256C, 262C, 272C;
    MTL: 277C, 287C, 297C

9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

They look very nice!!!!.....at the school i go to they just bought a new 252B in january.....Cat skid are very nice with the pilot controls..:)