New caterpillar just arrived!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by BrandonV, Nov 20, 2010.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Not what you were expecting huh? I called my salesman and told him I needed a new lift.... he was thinking big buck, but just a pallet jack. It was a cruel joke I know but funny none the less. Needing this for an courtyard project, lots of pavers.... 40" door.

Picture 2.png

2. Cajun Cleanin'

Cajun Cleanin' LawnSite Member

Looks awesome.I like the spoke wheels on that beast!

3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

It looks like a repainted Blue Giant and probably costs more because it has a Caterpillar logo on it.

4. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Hope it holds up better than thier other small equipment .

5. Gravel Rat

It should if its a repainted Blue Giant pallet jack they are the best on the market you can't buy any better.

6. BrandonV

$370 needed it now, but my brother (factory engineer that has a lot of pallet jacks) thought that was a good price.

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Better ask Caterpillar if there is any updates for the wheels with all the MTL idlers issues.
    And while you at it, ask them to flash the machine to bump up the hydraulic pressure, seems anything Cat puts their name on that has wheels and hydraulics is somewhat weak in the power department.

8. BrandonV

not to worry already chipped it and thinking about putting on some NOS

9. juststartin

juststartin LawnSite Senior Member

$370 does sound cheap for a caterpillar!

10. Gravel Rat

That is a good price for a pallet jack usually they are around 500-600 dollars. The good ones use stainless pins and grease fittings those are the ones you use in the marine enviroment like in a place that processes fish where you are around salt water.

There is also different grades of wheels aswell for outdoor you want the hard plastic.