1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New caterpillar just arrived!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by BrandonV, Nov 20, 2010.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

I didn't put a whole lot of thought in the purchase, just needed it for the job and have wanted one for our shop/storage area for a while. It's going to be great for our stacks of fert/cement/etc we keep in the dry. Now we loose a lot of floorspace because we can't get the pallets in there straight due to door locations and the size of the loader.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

You will get raped on resale value when Bobcat decides to splash their name on someone's brand of pallet lift.

3. BrandonV

I'm going to run this one into the ground, unless someone come out with one w/ a cab and pilot sticks
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. juststartin

juststartin LawnSite Senior Member

very funny!

Pretty incredible how a decal kit from cat for a skid steer will cost you about a grand, but you can get a pallet mover for $370!

5. BrandonV

Posted via Mobile Device

6. BrandonV

in the sprit of exaggerating my equipment sizes here's our new dump truck. Couldn't decide to get a mack or kenworth so got this baby with honda power.

IMG_0604.jpg

7. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

nice dump, i believe you can also take the dump bed off for towing goosenecks or a lowboy when needed. would that make it a roll off. i bet the mpg is great on it.

8. BrandonV

They do make a flatbed and a hitch, also a plow but I'm not into snow removal
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

How much are those powered wheel barrows worth ?

Lots of places I could use one of those to move demo debris through walking pathways to my truck. Save a h*ll a lot of walking with garbage cans full of wood debris and old concrete chunks etc.

10. BrandonV

We haven't had a chance to use it yet. Seems good enough so far. I bought this one simply because we've had to wheel a lot of gravel/dirt over the years and crew isnt getting any younger becasue of it. I'll let you know after we've had a good opotunity to use it. I wil say that some of the vids I've seen on youtube seemed promosing.
    Posted via Mobile Device