1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Chainsaw

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jmurphy, Feb 2, 2006.

1. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

Hi im in the market for a new chainsaw. I was thinkin about Stihl or Redmax. Which one should I get? Also, Im ordering a Eb7001 soon and I was wondering what you prefer, RH or LH throttle? Im leaning towards RH.

Thanks, John Murphy
  2. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I don't know about Redmax, but Stihl and Husky (don't know if you thought about them), make one hell of a saw. For the blower, pick the one that is most comfortable for you.

3. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

My advice would be to go with the Stihl. They're top of the line in my opinion and after using one i'll never buy anything else.
  4. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Jonsreed or Husky. No comparison!
  5. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

The commercial guys and wood cutters around here seem to be going with Dolmar or the Redmax 621. Both very good saws and the Redmax at least the 621 model is priced right in my area.
  6. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Go with Stihl. I own an 024, and used to have an 038MAG II, love my saws.

I'd buy a current model MS260, 361, or 440 if given the chance to get another saw right now. redmax just doesnt have the dealer network for parts like Stihl does when it comes to saws.

Husqvarna makes some excellant saws too, not really expensive, but not exactly cheap either. from them I'd go 346XP, 357XP, or something like that.
  7. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

if you buy a Stihl, get one with the quick chain adjuster, saves you from having to carry a damn screwdriver with you to change tension on the chain. Ive got a 018C with it and man i love that saw.
  8. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

We own 2 Echo chain saws and love them!

They start every time on the first or second pull and are very light and easy to handle.
  9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I ve got the small echo for home use, but we have three stihls on campus. the newest is the 192t

what a rocketship...it blast through the wood like nobodies business. plus its very light and compact unit. Nice if you ever have to go in a tree up a ladder....
  10. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I'd say go STIHL I've got 3. I've got an MS260PRO, 025 & HT101.