1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new chemical division

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by greenworldh20, Mar 16, 2003.

1. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

this season i am starting a new division: chem & pest. applications.

i just want to pick your brains:

1- anyone have a sample contract they can email me? i am located in new york, 50 minutes north of nyc. i will email or fax mine to anyone who wants it.

2- what does everyone think of soil testing? do you all do it?

3- what is the best route to go in pricing services? i was going to offer a base plan (fertilizer and weed control) and a deluxe plan (base plan plus insecticide and fungus control)

i am looking for ideas, constructive criticism and feed back.

yes, i am a licensed/certified pesticide applicator in the state of ny. i have applied pesticides and fertilizer for other companies.

2. rkk95

rkk95 LawnSite Member
    from west PA

I think that you should just charge per app. and sell them whatever you can. I've learned that when you offer a basic program you're just making it easy for them to go the cheap way, if you price per app, and explain the benifits of each one as you are selling it, you have a much better chance of getting to do more work for each account. Becareful about what you tell the customer the fungucide will do, if there is a problem after they get it you might end up doing another costly application free of charge. Hope that I have helped a little.