1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Chevrolet work truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by sanfordandsonfan, Aug 2, 2006.

1. sanfordandsonfan

sanfordandsonfan LawnSite Member

Sold my 2004 Ford F-250 (4x4) and bought a new 2006 Chevrolet 1500 (V6). When I bought my ford, I guess my manhood took over and I bought way more truck than I needed. With the $3500 rebate from GM and $500 difference on my trade, I got the chevy for $14,000. It's plain, its white and it is affordable. First chevy I have ever owned and I'm already very proud of it. I owned a F-150 (V6) before I bought the F-250 and I can honestly say I regreted buying more truck than I needed everyday. I will be saving on gas, saving big time on my payment and my wife and daughter love the fact that they do not have to jump up to get in. Hope everyone is being safe in the heat.
  2. Dig Doug

Dig Doug LawnSite Member
    from NJ

If you don't mind me asking, can you give more details on the Ford. Miles, package, what you got for the trade? I also have 04 250 and was thinking about trading it in and getting GMC 1500. Thanks.
  3. sanfordandsonfan

No problem. The Ford had 26,000 miles on it. Automatic, vinyl bench seat, A/C, regular cab, long bed. Pretty much your basic F250. I could have sold it for more, but who wants to wait. Dealer gave me $15,000 for it. I put $500.00 of that towards the truck and used the other $500.00 for a trailer hitch and installation. The Chevy was priced at $18,085.
  4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

what do you use the truck for..............v6
  5. sanfordandsonfan

We cut grass. Usually pull a 5x10 with one walk behind and two 21" toro's. When I'm not cutting we do bush trimming, mulching, basic landscape maintenance. Had two yards of double ground in the back today and hauled it with zero problems. Two days a week we just use 21" mowers. What a waste that was driving around town in a F-250 4x4 with two small mowers in the back.
  6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

good for you-many make the mistake of buying more truck than they need for work. i bought a plain -jane tundra for work and every one thought i was nuts not to get 4x4 extra cab limited etc .
  7. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I went all out on my work truck because i spend so much time in it. Also in the winter plowing i live in it. Also you get 1 good chance to make a good first impression when you pull up to a new job.
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I can live with just a work truck. I feel comfortable in them and thats that! I can't see spending extra money on power options that will just break anyway. I like my trucks bare bones and they work just fine. JMO
  9. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I hope you didn't have problems. Its a brand new truck.... ;)
  10. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i had a 2005 1500... had a ton of problems with it... tranny,brakes, rattles & noises... but all around a really good truck. my 2500 w/ V8 gets better gas mileage than the V6 too but that thing just had a ton of problems.