New chopper tire

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luckylawnboy, Dec 12, 2002.

1. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a picture of my new chopper tire.

chopper tire side by side.jpg

2. luckylawnboy

Here is another

chopper leaves before.jpg

3. luckylawnboy

Just a good mulch shot taken this past weekend

chopper leaves after.jpg

4. EDWARDS LAWN CARE

EDWARDS LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

they remind me of the tires that are on my 4-wheeler, they get very good traction.

nice pics.

5. Alanky

Alanky LawnSite Member

I have that same tire on one of my Go-Karts. GREAT traction, but they can damage the turf pretty good :D

sctott engine tq.jpg

6. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Sure would like too find a set of those for my TORO walk behind, now that Im the only one using the mowers now. I have some pretty good size hills that I could use a little more traction on.

7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

luckylawnboy, how many passes did you do on the first pic and the 2nd pic?

8. Markus

Markus LawnSite Member

I noticed those tires where on the new Dixies in my December issue of Turf Magazine, The control levers look like they are a little thicher also. Looks like a awesome machine to me, Seems like the new tire tread would have very good traction and more kinder to the turf than the tractor style.. But Eric seemed to have no problems with the tractor type tread.......Marks Mowing Service

9. luckylawnboy

Blew all the leaves into a row. ran back and forth till they were mulched up mabye 10 passes over that same row. I then opened up my chute and spread them out.

10. Nick

Nick Banned

Those are not a new tire for dc. The latest tire they put on them is the 26 12 12 carlisle turf pro.

Luckylawn in that first picture it looks like that deck has some major damage done to the discharge side. Are you getting a ne deck?