1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New client, nice house, landscape design

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Above Par Lawns, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'm so excited about this new client I picked up! He's interested in a complete tear out and install of new plants along the front of the house. Start date is March 22nd. Soil test is sent off and I'm working on my base map now. I'll be sure to update this once the ball gets rolling. House faces west.

image.jpg

2. Above Par Lawns

Only letting me upload one at a time, sorry

image.jpg

3. Above Par Lawns

Too many plants in small space.

image.jpg

4. Above Par Lawns

I will be taking some of these home.

image.jpg

5. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck with that man! Seems like a lot of room for improvement and the house is so bland really that anything you do will provide such great contrast. you have until march 22 to get a nice double sided well sized sign that has your company info on it. Get yourself some free advertising out of this!

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i would leave the japanese maple there. just trim it up a little.

i'm not a fan of monkey grass. it's very common around here. i like things to be nice, neat, and tight and not bushy, growing all over the place looking if that makes any sense lol.

7. Above Par Lawns

For sure! There are a ton of houses that need freshening up in his neighborhood. I passed out a bunch of flyers.

8. Above Par Lawns

I'm definitely a fan of the Japanese maples however this particular one is in bad shape. It's never been fed, pruned or anything and also has really bad canker damage. I plan on incorporating a few Koto-no-Ito Japanese Maples back into the landscape though.

9. RadiantLawnCare

RadiantLawnCare LawnSite Member

take some after pics.

10. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

Sure needs a tear out and update. Smart move getting a soil test. Sure it will look great when its done.