New Client. She had a fake leg. Who Knew?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn_jockey, Sep 3, 2005.

1. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

Lady Wanted some sod installed. Answered the door and I said "Looks like you been Paintin" She said no and her husband said why do you think that. I pointed to the yellow painted toes on the lady. She says oh I have been meaning to get a new one. Then she moved it and it squeaked. I had a surprised smile on my face(totally busted) I said "well I bet those can be expensive" and Pause... Well what kind of grass would you like installed. She said "we really would like St Augustine but is it more expensive than Bermuda?" I said we charge by the foot doh! Pause... and Bermuda is $$per Foot and St Augustine is $$/foot

So she says "How many feet do I need?" I just looked at her and then looked for the camera. I was shocked and couldn't give an audible answer. There was no camera. I was thinking well I know you need at least one.

By the way she wasn't laughing but I kinda was. So I snapped out of it and said can we start over I am Tanner Maxson and I'd like to take my foot out of my mouth.

Then all expression went out of my face when I realized what I just said and she and her husband said "ok well you finish up out here and knock on the door when you have measured it all"

So get this.. I said "Ok I will just be out here counting feet. "

They didn't even smile. But as soon as they walked in the house I walked real fast to the side of the house and had a silent laugh attack and almost puked.

As I was counting feet in the back yard I had walked like 50 paces and was laughing a little when I looked up and saw them watching me from the back window. I laughed nervously and lossed track so I had to walk all the way back and start over counting. Crap that was funny.

2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Man Sweeeetttttt, what a story, I think I about wet myself reading it!!!! I hope like heck I never encounter that situation because I will LMAO for sure right then and there. Forget the measuring, forget the job just LMAO til the tears come and leave.

3. a a green

a a green LawnSite Member

LMAO now, I have been id messed up situations before but, that sounds like an adam sandler movie or something.... :dizzy: , well I still wanna know how many feet were there?....lol :rolleyes:

4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

5. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

I wish I could say I made that up but every word is true.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Nah, thats hilarious!!

7. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

You must have fantastic self control,I don't think I could have kept from cracking-up right in front of them.OMG!
    That's soooo funny ROFLHMSLOL!!!!!

8. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

wood eye, hair lip, hair lip.

9. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

Great Post!!! I just woke my wife up so she could read it. It is things like this that keep us young and laughing. Question...if she kicked you for being insensitive, would you get splinters?

10. cuttinjoe

cuttinjoe LawnSite Member

Thanks lawn_jockey, thats some funny $hit. This spring I was sweeping gravel of this lawn, and when I was done I seen the owner walking around the house. Now maybe you'd realize the guy was blind cause he was holding onto the house and wearing dark glasses but not me. So I went up to him and said I was done and asked him if it looked alright. He said he wasn't sure cause he was blind. I couldn't say anything for fear of laughing so I think I mumbled and said sorry have a nice day. I had never met this guy he is the father in law of a customer.