New clients 100 by May 1st

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LawnsRUsInc., Jan 13, 2008.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Hi I am new to the Fertilizing ind. but been doing lawn and landscaping. I have 50 accounts for fert. And would like to market to meet my goal of 100 new clients by may 1st. What form of advertising or ways have you found best to obtain your goals?

Thanks Jason

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Post cards have worked well for me! Go to the top and under SEARCH you will be able to find the posts on here. I think the last good topic was "Postcard timing".

3. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

Referrals; go to your 50 customers and ask for referrals. Direct them to refer their neighbors so you keep a tight route. This should be your first attack at getting new clients. Ask Ask Ask, whenever you receive a compliment from a client at anytime, always ask for a referral.

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

That is good!

I read this once:

THE BEST COMPLIMENT YOU CAN GIVE ME IS A REFERRAL.

5. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

Thank you very much yea referrals are great but i dont have much face to face interaction with my clients as they are never home or its a business which makes up for over 70% of my business. I will use that line though i do like it and the post cards sound great. do you get a mailing list or....?

6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I get my mailing list from the same supplier as the post card.

Cactus Mailing out of Arizona. If you call ask for Joe McAtee as he will be able to direct you in the right way!

Post cards are where I have gotten my best succes on business growth. Sending out 10K the first go round this year and several after.

Good Luck!

7. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for this line, this will be my opening line to correspondence with my customers. Maybe I'll change it to say: The best compliment you can give me is 10 referrals.

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

That sounds better! :laugh:

9. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

100 new customers wow. they say you only get like 1% return on advertising you would need to send out 10,000 to work that avg.

10. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

Yea i figured thats not a to hard to obtain with a plan. I also have 2 sales men and 20k in other forms of advertising. Thank you rcreech for the info on where to gett a start on the post cards. If you could email me your name and or co. name i would be more than happy to tell him who referred me.

Jason