New Company Logo feedback?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by CalebK, Jun 9, 2014.

1. CalebK

CalebK LawnSite Member
    from Va

Hey all,

Starting my company up and working on my logo right now.

I welcome any feedback/suggestions

Screen shot 2014-06-09 at 7.24.27 PM.png

2. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

Logo looks cool and original, I'm not sure about the name though. What does you're company do? If I was searching for a lawn company on google and ran across "Knighten's Outdoor Services" I'm not sure I'd even click on your website. When I think "outdoor services" I think of tree trimming or environmental stuff, not necessarily lawn care. If you're primarily lawn care then I would consider a name change as you may end up with a bunch of BS service calls for services you may not even offer.

KLS sounds cool too... Knightens Lawn Care Solutions.

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry, but it's not very good. There's really nothing cohesive about it. It looks like clip art and some text with a few drops of dew(?) thrown in and the words just don't work with the curves of the leaves. The KOS isn't working with the words below. You need to figure out a good spacing and alignment for this, such as Knighten's running the length of KOS and then Outdoor Services working within the spacing of Knighten's. Basically, you need a dash of harmony. Also, I think you're going to find that the smaller text is going to be hard to read in small formats, such as business cards.

If you have any budget, you might see what you can do to hire a local graphic designer (or look at 99designs or crowdspring) . More so than you, this is the face of your company.

4. austin lawn mowing

austin lawn mowing LawnSite Member
    from Austin

Love the logo, but I do agree about the name. More specificity towards lawn care or lawn mowing would be a nice touch.

5. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

This is the reason the web site reviews on here rarely include much, if anything, related to design. It's subjective as hell. :) Regardless if you're going to continue down the path of using this logo, one thing that is not subjective is how legible it will be. The font style, spacing, and the black outline, are likely going to create small format problems.

6. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I've never understood the rationale behind asking for logo advice from guys who mow lawns for a living instead of asking guys who design crap for a living.

:D

BRB. Gotta head over to the graphic artist forum and see what they think is causing these spots in my lawn...

:D :D ;)

Listen to Tony. He's steering you in the right direction. :)

7. CalebK

CalebK LawnSite Member
    from Va

Thanks for the feedback. Regarding the name - my business finds customers and takes care of whatever needs they have on their property. For example, one of my customers is a machine shop. I mow their lawn weekly, keep the brush cleared in their woods, pressure wash their building when it needs it, help install new gravel on their parking lot, keep their gutters cleaned, install and maintain landscaping, and when they need help hauling off scrap metal, I jump in and help.

Thanks for the compliments on the logo. Anything you would change/adjust?

Screen shot 2014-06-10 at 9.17.18 AM.jpg

8. CalebK

CalebK LawnSite Member
    from Va

Thanks for the advice Tony. I like what you're saying about the spacing of Knighten's vs Outdoor Services. I do have a local designer working this up for me. The image I posted was his first draft after I gave him a hand sketch.

I've emailed him asking for some changes so I'll see what it looks like in the second round...

Thanks again

9. Plowguy43

Plowguy43 LawnSite Member

I like it, but think it may be difficult to make out and read if you were driving by me in traffic.

10. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Logo looks cool!
    Posted via Mobile Device