New Company Name And Our First Ever Logo!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Graveslawncare, Aug 8, 2010.

1. kodak mowing

kodak mowing LawnSite Member

no offense but i dont like it either,most lawn company names are very catchy easy to remember,but again its your biz and as long as you like it,thats all that matters,good luck.i worked 8 days a week last year so this year i draw the line on 6 but some time 7 is a must.

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Omg, how could you do that? You're surely going to ruin your business and you'll be living in a refrigerator box the rest of your life because nobody will ever hire you after that atrocity.

3. SHOF

SHOF LawnSite Member

Personally I don't think it is catchy or flashy at all. I think it will drive customers away when they can go with a more professional name. It is just not classy or professional in my opinion.

4. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good,something diffrent.

5. DJJS

DJJS LawnSite Senior Member

Why not shoot yourself in the foot while you're at it...

6. rockerchris

rockerchris LawnSite Member

Not to be critical, but I think your headed down the wrong path with that business name. You are going to "turn off" many people, they may think your just preachy. At the same time you are never going to make everyone happy.

From a marketing standpoint though it could be dynamite. You are trying to link your service with god (is this a sin?). It is almost as genius as being able to connect your brand with patriotism. Which at least here in Canada has been used quite often recently (ex. Molson Canadian, NIKE).

Let me know how it works out!

7. jntaylor

jntaylor LawnSite Member

Personally, I would never use 'God' in a business name. You really should consider taking a secular approach only because you are limiting yourself to just Christians and missing out on other potential customers.

Suppose I was atheist, I would never name my business 'Agnostic Lawn Care' Just food for thought.:rolleyes:

http://frontierlawn.net

8. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

Looks good to me. Lots of God-Nay-Sayers out there that would shy away....but there is also a large amount of Strong Christians that may be looking for a guy like you. Hope your area is ok with it.

9. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Some Abu Dabi prolly would not like it, cuz every one prays to a different god!

10. EvansLandscapeCo

EvansLandscapeCo LawnSite Member

Well I like it. I know you have had a few negative comments or personal opinions but hey, whats important is that you like it, you are proud to wear it and you can grow with this company.

I agree that using the word "GOD" can be a risky call, but thats a call we all need to make. my name is jason EVANS. my company is EVANS landscape company. a lot of us use our names in our company name. is it not the same as using GOD's name?

Good luck to you in the future. I think its a great name. Be proud of whatever you decide. Bobs plowing or Roberts snow removal service.....they are the same thing. your price will be the same. your service will be the same...the only difference is the name.

cheers.
    jay