New Company Name And Our First Ever Logo!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Graveslawncare, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

Pray about it. without being too "preachy". If God gave you that name. USE IT DUDE!
    Will you be a target? yes!, will you get a lot of calls? yes, will some not call? no they will not.

At the end of the day your name can be "cheese balls lawn service" If you don't do good work you will not get any work. (everyone agrees on this)

Hey if you dont' use it I might change my name.

remember this TGIF.

Stands for: Thank GOD it's Friday. alot of people eat at those spots.:nono:

Sometimes in business u have to go against the grain.
  2. Graveslawncare

Graveslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement, man. Nice to see someone making some sense. I appreciate the input :)
  3. Graveslawncare

Here is the update. I LOVE it :)

I will post the actual file instead of a pic of a computer screen as soon as it is all done. It won't change much from this, just making a few subtle adjustments here and there Thumbs Up

Logo 3.jpg

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

much better
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. Stay away from the exploitation of God's name for the sake of a company name. Remember the commandment: Thou shalt not use the Lord's name in vein. This would be doing exactly that.
    \Also, incidentally, to the poster that mentioned TGIF...If you call the corporate offices, they will tell you their stance is Thank GOODNESS It's Friday...
  6. Graveslawncare

Well, here is the finished logo! I LOVE the look, on both black and white. Now I just gotta figure out all the stuff I gotta do to get my co's name changed with the IRS and the State and all that. I think it's gonna be a good banner for us all to work under :weightlifter:

7. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

it might be to late to give you my opinion of it since there's already 4 pages and i only read the first page......

i think the name NEEDS to be changed. i read why you put the name GOD in there but i still think people will tie it to religion. i think most people tie anything with the name GOD to religion, myself included. you might loose current business and loose future business being associated with a religion. people are very critical about religion. i know i'm not a fan of those "push it in your face" religious people. the sign kinda is "push it in your face" i think......

yep to late.....should of read through to page 4.......:hammerhead:
  8. Graveslawncare

What do you mean it's too late? I DID change the name....its now just 'Green Earth.' Did you look at the 2 finished logos right above your post?
  9. Autoflow

Autoflow LawnSite Member

The logo looks excellent.
    Good decision to drop God out of the name too.
  10. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

I like it...Good job