1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Company Name And Our First Ever Logo!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Graveslawncare, Aug 8, 2010.

1. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

i meant to late to tell you my opinion. after i hit submit it took me to page 4 where i see you did omit the word GOD.......

2. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Great job! Looks fantastic. Kudos to you for asking and then LISTENING/HEEDING constructive criticsm.

3. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

yes constructive criticsm is something to listen to and sometimes heed but......

too many on here aren't constructive with there criticsm and purhaps i've been guilty of it myself.

it's sort of a pet peeve of mine. i will listen to opinions/constructive criticsm but i will ignore negativity 100% of the time. even though someone might be trying to give me advice through that negativity i will ignore it.

i'm sure i might sound like a hipocrit by saying this and i'm sure i'm guilty of not taking my own advice at times and i'm working on that all the time but if can't say something in a nice way or constructive way don't say it at all......

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It's not very often that we see a logo quite like this type. Here is what I mean. I looks as good on a white background, as it does a black...and THAT's even with white LETTERS in it...strange. Now we've seen many logos that are close in comparison, and people have done polls on what others like, and many have even commented on how close it is in making a decision between some. But this, is different because you're talking about a totally different contrast - but with the same logo. They both look great, and you would think that like with white letters, the white background would take away from it or something, - but it doesn't. Anyway, Nice job,...it looks great, and here's to hoping for great success with it!:drinkup:

5. Graveslawncare

Graveslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for all the kudos guys! Yardguy, I definitely agree with you on the "constructive criticism" vs. "negativity." I'm the same way.

And Runner, thanks for the positive feedback on the logo! A good friend of mine that I work with at the tv station designed it and then we worked on it together several times to arrive at the finished product. We are both hard-wired for this kind of stuff, which is why we work in tv lol. I agree, even though a ton of time and thought went into getting the finished product, we were thrilled to see that it looked just as good on white as it did on black. We designed it on black because I'm going to have all my trucks black, but it also needed to look good on white for invoices, estimates, emails, business cards, etc.

Anyways, thanks for the pats on the back guys, it feels good to arrive at something that everybody likes :drinkup: :clapping: Thumbs Up

6. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it looks really good, I guess I'm into details or something, but...

-I suppose that green is suppose to be a lawn, with the sprinklers in it and all, but I don't know if I wouldn't change it into a leaf or something. I don't really like the sharp square edges.

-It took me a long time until I figured out that the blue lines were sprinklers, I thought they were just lasers or something until I looked into the grass where there were some sprinkler heads, I might try putting some blue/white spray/drops at the end of the water stream to make it look more like water (I especially didn't notice it on the copy with the black background

-Do you do hardscaping; patios, walkways and such? From looking at your logo it seems like you might, the brick behind landscape just reminds me of a walkway or something, I'm not sure if you could make it more landscape oriented, I can't really think of any ways right now.

Sorry for being picky about the minor details, it looks great as it is though, if you like it, I would stick with it!

About the name though, I'm not sure if having religion in your name would be good or bad, but I wouldn't try and use God or being a Christian to get customers. If you do your best to act professional, and act like Jesus, your customers shouldn't even have to ask you if you're a Christian.

7. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing wrong with "Green" :)

One of the nicest logo I've seen. Good job sir. Thumbs Up

8. Graveslawncare

-It's not supposed to look exactly like a lawn. It's supposed to REPRESENT a lawn. As far as the shape, personal preference I guess, but leaves and stuff like that just seem too cliche to me. I wanted it to look different, so we came up with a custom shape.

-The sprinklers were meant to be subtle and highlights, not really in your face. Again, just personal preferance I think, but I don't think we will add anything to them because we are trying to keep it simple and sleek.

-Yes, I do pavers and hardscapes. That was the idea of filling that space with pavers.

I appreciate your attention to detail and your comments! Thanks buddy

9. Graveslawncare

Thanks pal, I appreciate it :drinkup: