New Company Name??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Poncho25, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

I want your honest thoughts and Opinions on this. I am just starting up, and going the legit way, getting incorporated, licensed and of course insured, but I am gettinga bit torn by the name....
    I sat down with the wife to brainstorm... :hammerhead:
    What are your thoughts on this.

Alien Lawn Care
    "service that's out of this world"

Now I am having a graphic artist friend come up with some good logo designs, something along the line of the Blit Toon, (from Monsters Inc).
    Please be honest with your thoughts on the name. I personally think its different and stands out, but want to know your thoughts, also please if you want, add your suggestions as to a lawn care company name if this doesn't't work for you.

Thanks all, really appreciate it!!

2. gardengnome

gardengnome LawnSite Member

Are you saying you are an alien? Are you legal? With the current debate about illegal immigrants I do not know if that would be a wise choice. If you want to go that route you may be better of appealing the the patriotic senses and calling yourself "all American Lawn Care" or something. don't see why you couldn't still use your slogan:usflag:

3. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate anything that sounds treky (sp?)

4. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

some good points there. you need something fun that people will remember. i started april 06 my business has tripled and i'm now turning people away. i call myself "2 clowns mowing" kind of like that moving company called 2 men and a truck. our logo is 2 clowns pushing the same push mower against each other. people reminder that. we wear funny pants and decorate up our truck. it works! so think up something that will catch their attention. and make it fun. hope you let us know what you come up with. :gmctruck:

5. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

That's definately thinking outside the box. Post some pictures!!!

6. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

that is some great stuff :) but after some thought, "Alien lawn care" didn't sit well...kept thinking about illegal aliens.... Soo.... I went with my next choice, "the King of Greens". It was actually my wifes idea, ya see, she loves the show the king of queens, and the day I met her, she said I reminded her of the main Char, Doug Heffernan. We have the same personality, I grew up in NYC, I kinda look like him and believe it or not my last name is EXTREAMLY close to his char on the show :) so thats what I went with. A buddy of mine is doing up a logo tonight, will post it here when its done :)

7. tlwmsu

tlwmsu LawnSite Member

I like it. Personal touch and catchy.

I hope to be posting my name/logo within the next few months (yes, months)...I will be continuing my part time lawn care work (started last summer) after some other part time work is completed, and I'm going 100% legit (still part time starting out, though). Possible plans to move to a different state as well, so my ducks will have to start falling in a row soon.:dizzy: