New company, new ad

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by TTS, Jul 14, 2013.

1. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

Ok guys sorry for the broken link in the first thread, I deleted that one from my photobucket to make sure I didn't get confused which one to use online. Here's the one made with updates suggested so far. Let me hear what you think good or bad. Got some coloring issues sorted out on this one too so it's more accurate to what the original looks like

[​IMG]

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

I'm sending a screen cap of this to my Mom so she knows that I do use what she paid for. Lol

As a designer/marketer, I love the logo. Definitely leverage your wife's skills. Only real feedback I'd offer is to be judicious with your use of "total", and it's various forms. It can be easy to fall in to the "too cute by half" trap, with potential customers eye-rolling more than you might like. As an example, the bottom tagline is an awkward, forced read. If you've seen The Breakfast Club, I'm reminded of this quote:
    "If I lose my temper, you're totalled, man."
    "Totally?"
    "Totally."

3. TTS

Wow I need to work on my proof reading. I didn't even notice the total on that line. She put that in on her own. I will remove that. Thanks for the feedback Tony

4. tonygreek

With another pass, if I were you, I would keep the total there and drop the complete. Total works well there, as it's a natural play on your name ("total complete", combined, is the forced redundancy). I'd thin out the totals by dropping the "totally" in "totally free estimate".

5. TTS

There is no complete, I'm confused

6. tonygreek

Sorry, I meant "best", not "complete". I'm on vacation , using my tablet, so I'm not quite as on my game.

7. TTS

so the bottom line should say Here to help you find the total solution for your turf. Correct?

8. tonygreek

I think so. It's a more natural, less forced, way of playing/reinforcing the "total" card.

9. TTS

Sounds good, the boss is in bed but I'll have her fix it tomorrow and post a new one. Thanks for the advice Tony, I feel like I owe you a paycheck

10. tonygreek

No worries and glad to help. Gave me an excuse to wander out of the web sub-forum.

On second thought, please send ice, beer, and bug spray...