1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Company - New Equipment -

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LANSINGENGINE, Aug 15, 2007.

LANSINGENGINE LawnSite Member

I Purchased A Out Door Power Equipment Company A Little Over A Year Ago. The Guy Destroyed His Buisness And Now I'm Trying To Rebuild It. He Kept No Equipment In Stock. I Now Carry A Full Line Of Redmax, Echo And Stihl. Thats Set. I Need To Know What Line Of Walk Behinds Should I Carry? Toro? Airens? For Homeowner. And For The Bigger Units Exmark? Scag? Bobcat? And How Do People Feel About Gravely? Please Help I Want To Carry The Best Line Possible That Can Expand My Buisness! Thank You Very Much!!
  2. JBlawncare

JBlawncare LawnSite Member

I think that it doesnt matter as much what kind of mower you sell but the quality of service. If i could buy a amazing mower with horrible service or an okay mower with great service i would take the okay mower. Have you thought about carrying Ferris?

LANSINGENGINE LawnSite Member

No I haven't thought about Ferris. My service is amazing right now. i'm very personable and our lead mechanic has 25 years! i'm getting home owners stuff back in genearally 3 days. Commercial Same day pending parts! I just want a good unit that I can stand behind. and trust that people trust.
  4. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

I love Gravely machines.
  5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Around Raleigh, it's mostly Hustler, Deere, Toro, and Exmark in ztr's. But there's probably just as many Toro walk-behinds as all the others combined.
  6. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Service is a must to survive. My picks woulf be Exmark, Skag, and Wright
  7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree 100%
    Have you thought about snapper?
  8. moremow

moremow LawnSite Member
    from roanoke

I bought a 17hp Gravely walkbehind in early spring and it has done a great job. It is a dual hydro and the pistol grips work great for me. It starts nice everytime and cuts great in tall and wet grass as well. A lot of other mowers of course are of good quality too but my gravely is built like a tank. Next year if I land some bigger accounts will get a ZTR 52" by them as well. Dealership here in Sw Virginia is good and thankfully for me it is close. Good Luck.
  9. Godfather

Godfather LawnSite Member

exmark and scag make great products, if you carry a brand of walk behinds, i think it would probably be good to also carry the same in zeros. Some companies like running one products. Plus it may be easier dealing with one distributor.
  10. jimmyzlc

jimmyzlc LawnSite Senior Member

Hustler's are a top line machines a bit more expensive, but there decks are built like tanks, lifetime warrenty on spindles, they use Kohler and Kaw. motors. I love them as a LCO.