New Company / New Guy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JMMARICH, Jul 17, 2008.

1. JMMARICH

JMMARICH LawnSite Member

Greetings. I am in the Birmingham area and have been working as a Lumber Broker for almost 7 years. Its really gotten slow the last 4-5 months, so I decided to do something else on the side. I had a small lawncare business when I was in Highschool and always enjoyed doing that.

Got everything rolling, and put out some sweet looking postcards in my area. Not a great response from those, but about what I expected. I really plan on using word of mouth and just working in the area to help as well.

Only have 3 bi-weekly jobs so far, but just got a job I bid for 2 days ago for trimming some shrubs and approx 25 bales of straw on top of old straw. I was thinking 240ish but after talking to him, he told me how his last guy did it for 550. I was shocked, but kept a straight face and adviced him I was thinking around 500. (This includes alot of extras though including edging and cleaning up some small weeds and such). Regardless, I am having a ball doing this work and its amazing how much more I enjoy this than sitting at my desk in my house all day :)

Thanks for all the great info on the site!

--Josh

2. Danielsp

Danielsp LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Congratulations! Enjoy your stay.

3. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

$20/bale for pine straw?!?!?! holy cow! were doing good to get $6 here.