New Company

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by iforgotmybackpack, Jul 21, 2011.

1. iforgotmybackpack

iforgotmybackpack LawnSite Member

I've been in the lawn care field for almost ten years now and next season I am going to break off on my own. I just have a few questions before I purchase some equipment. My main questions is what size enclosed trailer are most of you working with? I am going to have 1 60in. zero turn with bagging system and 1 48in. walk behind. I am limited on space at my home where the truck and trailer will be parked so I am hoping to stay around an 18ft. trailer but what do you think? I don't see ever running any other set up in this trailer besides these two mowers. Other than the obvious trimmers, blowers, etc. Thanks in advance for any advice

2. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I think 18 will be more than enough 12-14 would probably work just as well. Try setting your equipment like it would be in the trailer and measure maybe add a little for push mower, baggers etc.

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Get the largest trailer you can afford... you will Quickly run out of space.

I was wondering why an enclosed trailer ?